Pro-Ject X1 High End Audiophile Affordable Turntable - Black
- Brand New Boxed
- Approved & Official Dealer
- Suppliers of the Finest AV Products Since 1988
- Buy in Store-On Line-Phone Order
- Free Delivery (UK Mainland)
- Brand: Project
- Availability: In Stock
The X1 is the latest version of Pro-Ject’s original record player, still in the range after more than 25 years. The X1 is a cutting-edge turntable that brings high-end analogue technologies to a more affordable price-point.
Structurally the X1 is framed by its over-sized, heavyweight MDF structure. Inside the plinth, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board (for automatic switching between 33 and 45 RPM as well as additional 78 RPM support), delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system.
In the X1, the motor drives a purpose-made, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing, for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character
The X1 is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm, inspired by our superior The Classic turntable. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 tonearm can also be adjusted for accurate azimuth and VTA settings, allowing advanced analogue audiophiles to fine-tune more than ever before. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge/tonearm resonances.
The X1 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Supplied as standard with a brand new Pro-Ject Pick-IT S2 MM cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon but voiced by the design team at Pro-Ject, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box are a pair of Connect-IT E RCA cables; a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. The turntable is then positioned on three height-adjustable, decoupling Alu/TPE sandwich feet for improved isolation from the structure it’s placed upon. For safety when not in use, an acrylic dust cover is also included with the turntable.
The X1 truly represents the epitome of Pro-Ject’s core philosophies. Due to the company’s extensive experience and meticulous manufacturing processes, they’ve put resources, time and effort into giving music lovers the best sound for their money, rather than cutting corners to save on costs. From the sophisticated motor drive system, on to the specially selected cartridge, the audiophile tonearm, the purpose-designed feet, the hand-cut acrylic platter and beyond; X1 delivers a luxury level of audio and technical excellence that belies the mid-level price tag.
The X1 is available in 3 finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer or a luxurious black or white eight-layer gloss paint.
Say goodbye to unnecessary features, and hello to quality audio once again, with Pro-Ject X1.
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon for highly dynamic and full sound
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe